Friday, July 19, 2013

Kit Kat M&M Cake

My birthday is this weekend, so in honor I want to share the cake I made for my birthday last year. The Kit Kat M&M cake is all over Pinterest, and being the candy lover I am, I just HAD to make it. I started by making a regular cake. I used a marble base and vanilla icing.  I then used the king size Kit Kat bars and broke them into pieces of two. After lining the sides of the cake with the Kit Kats, I filled the cake with M&M plain candies. The Kit-Kats were higher than the cake, which made a bowl for the M&M's to sit in. I tied a pretty ribbon around the cake for decorative purposes and to make sure that the Kit Kats would stay stuck to the icing.


But what's a pretty cake worth unless it tastes good? Well, this cake was deliciuos. The M&Ms stuck to the icing and were easy to eat with each bite of cake, but the Kit Kats had to be peeled off and eaten separate. WARNING: This cake is extremely sweet! But I have a huge sweet tooth, so I loved it. And everyone thought it was adorable.


The rainbow M&M's are good for a birthday, but you can also make this cake with holiday themed colors for a certain holiday, or use custom M&M's for someone who loves a specific color. I definitely recommend this cake. If you can bake the base, the decorating is the easy part. It is truly an eye catching dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment